Thursday, September 24, 2015

Dreams, Dilemmas & Denny's

Hi y'all,

*giggles* I'm going to chuckle when Mumble-Wumble comes across this post and realizes that I'm writing about the very evening we just spent together.

Although I had an amazing time with him as always, my head is buzzing with thoughts that I just can't seem to find the words for. So while I haven't a clue where I'm going with this post, maybe I should jump right into it?

Dreams

First of all, writing about 'dream analysis' has been on my list for quite some time, but I've just never found the time in the last few months to sit down and research the topic enough. I've often wondered many different things about dreams: what they mean, why we have them, why we have the dreams that we do, are they premonitions, are they foreboding signs, are they confirmation of psychic abilities... so many questions, none of which I have answers for, yet. You know what I'm promising? Before the end of this year, I'm going to do some research about all these questions, and do a follow up post about my findings. Personal goal set.

But I wanted to at least address: I have been having recurring dreams about the same person, in a similar context, and I haven't a clue what it means. I'm going to assume that it is a mash-up of my jumble of thoughts, what I think I want, what I may be wishing for, and what I think I'd like to see happen. Honestly, I've had enough dreams about this person to write a saga or a book, and it would be chalk full of drama!

And the picture above especially resonated with me. Why you ask? Because I think these dreams are all stemming from some thoughts that I'm keeping firmly shut in a corner of my brain. I'm doing so for various reasons, but it seems as though I can't hide from my own conscience.

Dilemmas

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one; I'm trying to decide whether I want to disclose something about someone to someone. However, I'm unsure about a whole ton of things. Whether it's my place to tell them, whether they'd take it well, whether it would lead to something else, whether I would have to tell them what's on my mind... It feels like a big ball of yarn in my head, where I can't seem to find the end or the beginning of the string, and in trying to untangle it, I'm just making it oodles worse.

Nevertheless, I'm going to attempt to try and sort through these thoughts; possibly on my own, or maybe to the person they should be disclosed to, or maybe to the person who shared them with me... aahhh *runs in circles*

Clearly, I need help.

But again, I love the picture that I found because trains are my new favorite thing in life. The picture very precisely depicts how I am at such a cross-roads with this decision, and I'm truly uncertain about how to proceed and where to go. I'm just sure that eventually, the right path will show itself as the one to take. It seems as though I have no other option but to be patient and let the dust settle on things. This patience will be the end of me one day, I tell you!

Denny's

This is a quick little shout-out to Mumble-Wumble for a super fun evening, that included a spontaneous and delicious meal at Denny's. All day breakfast seems to be our thing. I may or may not say this to you in person Mumble-Wumble, but I absolutely love hanging out with you - it is such a wonderful getaway from all the crazy things that are piling up on me in RL. You give me the mental health break I don't realize I need, to keep my sanity intact.

Honestly, I complain to him all the time that he bothers me, and challenges me, and makes my brain take a lap and a half around the track while I try to figure him out. But I also think it's the absolute best, because I have such a blast whenever I hang out with him. Our discussions range from deeply philosophical and life changing topics to utterly nonsensical and majorly comical arguments. I love that he entertains me and all my oddities, and I'm more than happy to do the same for him (yes, he's also an oddball, but he's my oddball <3). I've told him many-a-times, but I truly cherish our friendship and hold it very, very close to my heart. I hope that many years down the road, we can read this post together, and mayhaps I can tell him why I acted as crazy as I did tonight!

I will end tonight's post with one last comment that likely only Mumble-Wumble will understand... but all 3 sections of my post all have one common factor that will probably tell you exactly why I was in the dilemma I said I was in.

Any-moo! It's off to bed with me, an early morning alarm awaits. Until next week...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment