Thursday, September 10, 2015

Overload.

Hello all!

This last week has probably been one of the most exciting weeks of 2015 for me. As I fleetingly mentioned last week, I started a new job. As you may have gathered from a few of my posts, my family along with myself just relocated to another city. Things are moving so quickly, and so suddenly, that I'm barely having time to keep up.

I went over the next few weeks in my head, and realized: they're just going to keep getting busier. So I'm going to make an honest attempt and keeping up with this blogger-doodle, but I'm afraid my posts may be short, and potentially uneventful.

But that's okay! I'm still keeping up with my habit of writing something every week.

Any how.

What was new this week? Everything!

RL has become topsy-turvy because of all the changes happening around me, and I'm barely holding on for dear life. However, these changes are amazing, because they are putting me way out of my comfort zone.

I started my new job exactly a week ago, which is why, last week, I was very happy. May I say that my honeymoon phase with the job ended fairly quickly. As one of my new co-workers very eloquently put, "I was thrown to the wolves at a pretty bad time of year with no guidance of any kind on how to survive." I love that! It is such a challenge establishing oneself in a new role, and to perform outstandingly where you have no training shows even more tenacity. So not only am I determined to just hang in there, but I'm determined to make my own mark. *cue rah-rah for employer*

A little less than a week ago, I got a brand spankin' new phone! I finally made the switch from Android over to the dark side: I bought me an iPhone. It's beautiful. And while trying to wrap my head around how to use it, I'm also trying to wrap my hands around it because it's gigantic! I do miss my 'droid, but I'm all about facing new things head on this week, so it's another change I'm welcoming.

And finally, we handed over the keys to our old house this week. It basically severed my last link with my old place and it actually had more of an impact on me than I imagined it would. I was very attached to that house, and had created a few hundred thousand memories in it, having lived in it for years. To think of other people now calling it home just made my very uncomfortable and upset. However, once again, I embraced this discomfort, and instead channeled my energy into beautifying my new room. I figured, if I absolutely have to let go of my old place, I better make darn sure that this new room is something I have hard time staying away from!

Ergo, any DIY ideas to cutesy up a room are welcome!

With that, I will put an end to my riveting week's description. I know this isn't much of a post, but it's exactly as my title says: major overload for one person to deal with. Hopefully things will settle after the next couple of months and I'll be able to refocus some of my energy into writing.

Until next week, though...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment