Thursday, September 17, 2015

Clean Souls, Dirty Mirrors

Need to get this little blurb out before midnight!

I'm working on the post as we speak, I promise to be right back!

*Update @ 11:58 PM

Hi all!

*phew*

Another close call of almost missing my day to post a post. Mumble-wumble, is this a conspiracy to "win"? Taking me out on such memorable adventures on days I need to post? I've got my eye on you, sir...

Any how!

It is such a great time for me around this time of year. In my culture and religion, a very auspicious period is happening right now, and I am in the happiest place I could be. I relate so closely with this religious festival, and around this time is when I feel so spiritual and in touch with my innermost self - it is absolutely wonderful. I never realize how tired it all makes me until it's all over.

But anyway, I digress.

Also, I am falling asleep on my laptop right now, so I will continue this tomorrow.

Update @ 10:15 AM

So on this inner journey back to my true self, or the realization of my spirituality, I came across a very interesting concept.

It started when I truly began to take in the surroundings of my new workplace. On my desk are the usual things a worker needs: a computer, a phone, a keyboard, a notepad and a beautiful lamp for extra light. While moving things around and rearranging them to my liking, I found a little magnetic mirror in one of the drawers, and decided to stick it to the leg of this lamp. With the way the mirror is now placed, it is just below my eye level, and is great for me if I want to do a quick check of my face before heading into a meeting or an appointment.

So, a few days ago, I was having a rather fabulous hair day, and decided to take a quick selfie, and yes, it was at work *hangs head in shame* ... but I was on break!

Besides the point.

So, I take out my phone to take a picture of myself in the mirror, and I found some really cool angles. Now, in case y'all remember, I recently got me a new phone, and welcomed myself back to the Apple family. The iPhone 6 plus takes pictures in a way I didn't think possible, and I'll tell you why I think that.

I'm looking at this mirror, and to my naked eye, it looks like it should look great when I take the picture. But when I actually take the picture, all the scratches, smudges and blemishes on the mirror stand out, so much so that my face is barely visible behind all the dirt. After a few tries, I gave right up, and started thinking about why that was happening, when a really cool thought floated into my head. People may see a clean mirror, but that may not necessarily mean that what they are looking at is pure and clean. People may be looking into a dirty mirror, but the reflection does not always do a good job of describing who stands within it.

So, considering all the encounters I had this week, I thought that this was a really cool and actually a really important life lesson to grasp. In the simplest of terms, people are not always what they seem. I know I've touched on this topic in my post called Visage, but I want to take it a step farther and say, not everyone who may acts kindly and in a caring way will have your best interest at heart. This philosophy also applies the other way; someone who may appear off-putting and shady may actually be your lone well-wisher.

I know it's a small post I'm posting, but like I said, y'all will really have to bear with me for the next few weeks. Just a little idea for y'all to dwell on. But until next week...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment