Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fabulous Fall Festivities!

Salutations!

I swear this isn't going to become a trend with the triple letter threats like last week; the occasion just called for this.

I hope every single person reading this post is in much much better condition than I'm in. I am sick, tired, and terribly unwell. But at the same time, I am so excited that it is the first day of October!

Can we just let that sink in for a second?

My birthday month has begun!

I'm beyond psyched. Fall is coming, it's October, the weather is cooling down, the leaves are starting to change color, what more could I ask for?! I mean, I wouldn't mind being well... you know... health-wise and all, but I have enough on my plate to be very thankful for!

So I'm not really even sure what I'm writing about tonight. My sick brain hasn't allowed me to come up with a topic yet. I'm thinking of writing a short story, bt I'm definitely not making any progress on it tonight. I'm about to down some NeoCitran shortly, so I'll be conked out like a light.

However, so as not to fall back on my posts, I put out a little blurb.

(Ya happy now?!)

---------- x ---------- x ----------

So I just wanted to share what I'm excited about for October, and if you happen to be living in Toronto, you should totally do these little things I'm recommending.

1. Nuit Blanche!

The usual annual art crawl is an amazing place for art enthusiasts to explore, perceive and grow their knowledge about art. For those who don't know what nuit blanche means, it literally translates to "a sleepless night". Toronto, has given it a whole new meaning by hosting an annual tradition of an artist's paradise since 2006. This year, it will be on October 3rd, 2015 - in two days! If you are able to, I highly advise you to check it out!


2. Halloween!

Halloween is one of my favorite days in the year; there is an inexplicable magic about the night; I simply love to venture out on Halloween and take in the fall air, hear the sounds of leaves crunching under my feet, and weave in and out of the shadows on darkened sidewalks. I also love watching the kids dress up in adorable costumes and go with their hopeful faces door to door for some candy. Having done this until I was well into my teens, I give them a lot of credit for collecting goodies. October 31st cannot come soon enough!


3. My birth anniversary!

Haha, I am usually not one to advertise my birthday to people, but who am I kidding - we all love birthdays. I think it is the best day of my year, I feel like I truly want to celebrate myself and all my awesomeness, and I am shamelessly open to compliments, hugs and attention for the one particular day. Slowly over the years, the term birthday has become moot and I've been extending the celebration to last throughout the month. Ergo the excitement of it being October. For this particular day, y'all won't be able to do much, but on the 23rd of this month, everybody should send me a very warm hug and a loving thought from wherever they are in the world.

So, I hope you all can join me at my level of excitement and stick with my babbles throughout the month! I'm fairly certain that there will be more mentions of birthday related stuff in upcoming posts.


But until then...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment