Thursday, October 8, 2015

If...: Chapter 1

Hey y'all!

Tonight's post is dedicated to a very special friend of mine who's amusing brain will never let me run out of ideas to write about; Happy Birthday, JJ! In honor of his special day, I'm starting this new series called "If..."

Within this series, I'm going to basically speculate about how a situation, or my perspective or my life would be if a certain thing happened.

As always, I'm too exhausted right now to write this week's whole idea out. But long story short - this morning when Birthday Boy and I were walking, we touched on the topic of what we would do if we got to be invisible for a day. As soon as he said that, my spidey senses tingled in anticipation of a new topic. So here goes this post:

---------- x ---------- x ----------

If I was invisible for a day...



Have you ever had a moment where you've wished you were just invisible? Did you ever wish you could erase yourself from a moment, but know what it could look like anyway? Or wanted to be a fly on the wall and just observe something without having to make your presence known? I know I have, and through this little post, I'd like to share with you the top 3 things I'd do if I were invisible for a day.

(By the by, the picture that I've posted is making me want to do nothing more than curl up in my bed with a Harry Potter book. *pouts*)

But anyway, here goes:

1. Solve a mystery



Nothing intrigues me than a mystery; whether it's a mysterious person, a mysterious event or even a mysterious object. I have thought so long about whether its more fun to puzzle over something that drives me bonkers, or to simply know the answer.

If I were invisible, I think I would pick one thing and just chase it until I got to the very bottom of it. There a few people in my life who are way more mysterious than they should be (yes, Kryptonite & Mumble-Wumble, I'm looking at you). Granted this makes them super hot and very cool, but at times, it becomes rather exhausting to constantly speculate what they are thinking.

Sometimes, I would just like to know what such people are like behind closed doors. I think it would be really interesting to see them away from a certain light, with their guards down, and when they are their most open and true selves. Maybe I'm hoping I'll find an entrance to the secret reserve where they get all their coolness from...

Although I have to admit, I personally find it much more amusing to simply wonder, rather than know, what a person is like when they think they are not being watched. Given the chance, I would definitely choose to keep it a mystery.

2. Make the headlines



Seriously, think about it...

If I were invisible, I'd definitely find a way to be noticed. I'd probably do crazy things that I would never otherwise want people to know I'm doing. I must confess, not all of these would be legal... but if I did do things that were illegal, I'd also be sure to do good deeds to tip the scales back in my favor.

I definitely wouldn't kill anybody, but if I could, I'd probably give all the mean people in my life a good scare and convince them that they are being haunted. I'd turn the lights on and off in their houses, make objects fly, leave them a few notes and maybe even get a few "Boo!"s in.

I also wouldn't mind sneaking in to a concert, getting up on stage and performing with the artists. I'd also have such great opportunities to stop petty crimes on the street, especially pick-pockets and little robbers. I would love to get on a flight to anywhere without a ticket and go wherever my heart desired. Without a doubt, I would hunt down a few celebrities and join them in their homes.

The possibilities sure are endless!

3. Spy


Actually, I'm not sure how appropriate a title "spy" is for this particular activity.

I would like nothing more than to find out what people actually think of me. I would definitely find a way to hear what people I know say about me after I leave the room. If they are good things, I'd be humbled. If they are bad things, I'd take it to heart and find a way to improve my personality. I'd know who my true well-wishers are, who I need to watch out for, and who I can and cannot trust.

In all honesty, I think it would be an amazing experience to be invisible for a day. You could learn so much more about the world by being "behind the scenes" (figuratively). You could see so much more from a fresh pair of eyes and learn what to appreciate more and what to perceive critically. It could be an amazing learning experience and would definitely give you a great story for days to come.

Fin.

I hope y'all enjoyed this little story kinda thing!

Until next week...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment