Thursday, July 2, 2015

#ThrowbackThursday: The Global Edition

Hello world!

You know, growing up, I always had lists for everything I did. Among these extensive, never-ending, silly, goofy and some serious lists, one was of 5 dream destinations around the world. They were:

1. London, England
2. Dublin, Ireland
3. Paris, France
4. Sydney, Australia
5. Athens, Greece

Now, each of these destinations has a huge significance in my life, and these 5 destinations made it to my list because they each impacted me in some big way. Whether rational or irrational isn't even the question, but they sure hold a very special place in my heart. How you ask? Well...

London was all anyone could think of whether they thought of Harry Potter. I remember being an avid Potterhead for as long as I can remember. Remember my favorite childhood memory of doing an HP marathon with my friends until we memorized the movie? Ah, bliss. It makes me very happy that I have been able to scratch this destination off my bucket list!


Dublin was where the cutest member of my favorite boyband Westlife was born. For anyone who has actually read my posts from a while ago, they will know that I truly love Westlife's music. Nicky was one day going to be my knight in shining armor, but to get to him, I had to go to Dublin!

This destination relates most closely to my post from last week when I spent a rushed 24 hours with my bestie in Dublin. The adventures we had there, the memories we made, were absolutely amazing. Thinking of it brings a smile to my face even today. :-) Another destination I am more than happy to have completed on my list!


Honestly, who doesn't want to see the Eiffel Tower? Like, let's be real. I know that ever since I understood what the seven wonders of the world were, the Eiffel Tower was quite high on my list! Furthermore, having been a hopeless romantic growing up, the City of Love never truly lost it's appeal to me at any time. Spending my champagne birthday atop the tower was a moment in my life I will never easily forget. I am definitely beyond the moon that I have visited this amazing place already in my life, and can scratch it off my list in pride.


For someone who had a love of music from a young age, the genre of opera held quite a fascination for me. Ergo, the thought of being able to say that I have seen a live opera at the Sydney Opera House would be an amazing statement. Plus, the beautiful blue skies, the lovely beaches and the super friendly people happen to be a happy bonus! I think this destination may be next on my list of spots to visit in the next few years.


Finally, I was always a huge fan of the Olympics since I was a kid. So the place the Olympics originated, the place where the torch started it's journey from, always held a fascination for me. Furthermore, I met lovely Greek people in my life, tried some great (probably non-authentic) Green cuisine, and I was instantly a fan!

So there you have it!

While some of these made me #throwback to some great memories, others simply made me more excited for the adventures in my life to look forward to.

I hope you all enjoyed this little mini tour of the world with me. See you all next week again!

Until then, darlings...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment