Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Struggle Is Real!

Hi World,

I'm actually going to take a moment and revisit one of my goals of this year.

Real talkz.

So, I promised myself that I would write on my blog every week. My friend challenged me and said I wouldn't be able to, so I was even more determined to do it. While in the beginning of the year this was an extremely exciting task, it's slowly becoming slightly more of a challenge. The upkeep that goes into writing every week is so much harder than I imagined!

The other day, I realized that we were already halfway through 2015... how crazy is that? I've just now stopped scratching out 2014 and started writing 2015 properly, and before I know it, another year will already be upon us!

So since we're at the halfway-ish mark to get through my goal of writing each week this year, I wanted to do a little reflection on the journey this far.

Simply put: This blog is like having a child!



*giggles* I actually envision this "baby blog" giving me exactly this cheeky smile while I chase after it and try to keep up!

I have to maintain it every week. I have to think of something new to write every week. I have to gather an idea from the recesses of my brain I never knew I had. I have to formulate the post. I have to write it. I have to proof-read it. I have to publish it. I have to re-read and re-proof-read and then edit it. I realize that I'm making the process seem and sound a lot longer than it actually may be. And yes, often times, I have said in my posts that I'm "simply putting pen to the paper and writing what comes to mind." While I wasn't lying when I said that, I do go back and sometimes edit those posts. *shuffles feet guiltily* But I swear I keep along the same ideas!

But that's what I mean, the input I put into this every week is more than I thought I'd need to in the beginning.


Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly complaining - I'm actually really happy that I'm sticking to a regime that I've created for myself. It shows me my true capability of being consistent. I haven't discussed exceptions, or whether I get free passes for missing days with my friend, but that's because I haven't wanted to! I've made a very conscious effort to do this every Thursday. And while the work involved with it sometimes gets the better of me, it is definitely something I look forward to doing every week.

I'm also chuckling at the thought of how appalled some parents might be that I'm comparing maintaining an inanimate object like a blog with having a child. I'm positive a lot more work goes into the maintenance of those =P

But any how! That's my rant for this evening. An extremely exciting day of Wimbledon semi-finals, the Pan-Am Opening Ceremony and delicious white wine awaits tomorrow!

If anyone out there has actually been reading my blog since this year, I thank you for sticking with me. I pass to you the Goblet of Awesome with your name engraved on it =D I shall keep at this and shall try my best not to disappoint my potential readership!

Yep. This one.
Y'all rock.

Until next week, dah-lings.

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment