Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Testing my consistency...

So here I am! As promised! Back on Day 2 =)

I'm thinking that I should set up a "template" so to speak, to track my food, exercise & recipes used for the day, along with any changes in the weight.

Why don't I start with the good news?

I'm down 3.3 pounds!

But I should start from the beginning, just like yesterday's post, no? Here is my journey of the next 24 hours..

Day 2 of the diet calls for:
"All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter."

What I ate:
Food intake: A baked potato, lots of veggies, G.M.'S Wonder Soup
Water intake: Approximately 4 litres (4 large glasses + 3 0.5 bottles)
Other beverages: 1 large cup of Lipton Green Tea

I promised that I would post my actual
food pictures, and here they are!

The Workout:
  • 20 minutes (approximately 1.11 kms) on the treadmill
  • 10 minutes on the stationary bike
  • Lots of walking around at school (I was there from 3PM - 9PM!)
Weight Change from Day 1: -3.3 pounds

How I felt:
The second day started off wonderfully as well. Now, let it be known, that I enjoy eating potatoes in any form, so...in the spirit of honesty, I was looking forward to the breakfast part of my day, almost all night! Since I was going to be in school all evening, I decided that I would work out in the morning before leaving home - I wanted to make sure I got in my exercise for the day. I took about an hour long of a break after I had my potato, and then hopped on the treadmill. 

In terms of my body, I was feeling pretty energized. Looking at the scale in the morning really motivated me, and I honestly didn't feel too tired! The craving for "junk food" was definitely less than yesterday, however, seeing people eat sandwiches from Tim Horton's and Subway, chips from Ruffles & Lays, etc. made me give it all a momentary hungry stare. *shuffles feet in embarrassment*

I had 2 bowls of the Wonder Soup just now when I came back from school because I was feeling very hungry, and I must say, it was quite delish! So now I've gotten myself a full, happy tummy, and I will be off to bed soon. Tomorrow is a combination of fruits & veggies, so that should be fairly easy to get through. Of course I will be back with more commentary on my part, and hopefully some more changes on the scale.

Now, as promised yesterday, I have the recipes of everything I ate today listed below. These recipes are quite flexible, so you can change them a bit to your liking, however try not to use too many additional fatty, calorie-adding items.

Recipes:
  • Potatoes: I baked the potato last night by rubbing a few drops of olive oil on it, and half a pinch of salt for about 85-90 minutes. This morning, I diced up the potato, put on it a tiny amount of butter, and put a bit of seasoned herbs on top. No extra salt was added.
  • Veggies: I used green, red & yellow peppers, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, head cabbage and some carrots. I chopped all these veggies up last night, and kept them covered and in a nice cool place. You needn't actually put them back in the fridge. In the morning, I put these veggies in a big non-stick pan. All I used was a small spoon of olive oil, a little herb seasoning, some red chilli powder, a tiny tsp. of an Indian spice, and half a tsp. of salt.
  • G.M.'S Wonder Soup: I used broccoli, cauliflower, frozen corn, carrots & peas (the ones we get in a bag), and some head cabbage. Although the GM Diet says you should use the Lipton Onion Soup Mix, I bought Knorr's Vegetable Soup Mix instead. I put the veggies to boil in water first, and as they were cooking, I put in the soup mix. It is extremely easy to make, chopping veggies is probably the most time consuming part of it. You can use mushrooms, spring onions, peppers, anything other veggies that you would drink in a soup! Also, keep in mind this soup is allowed any time during the week and can be consumed as many times as you wish, so drink up!
Anyway, that's it!

So, this is my spiel for Day 2, folks. Once again, I'm fairly early in my 7 day plan, so if anyone else happens to be on Day 1, 2 or 3, please comment below and let me know! =)

Until tomorrow with a few more exciting stories of my journey!

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment