Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Getting back in the swing of things..

*dusts cobwebs off blog & coughs*

Oh my! It has been ridiculously long since I've written...almost 2 years perhaps! I am, in the least, very ashamed to say I have just been busy with... life... *hangs head*

However!

Like the title of this post says, I will be attempting to get back in the swing of things, and write a bit more regularly now, even if the posts are small & to-the-point.

I think the problem was... I had nothing to blog about before!

Although, that may not be the case any more...

I have embarked on a mission as of today. A weight loss mission, actually!

In the spirit of honesty, I am not extremely comfortable posting exact numbers as yet, but lets just say, my goal is to drop a serious amount of poundage.

Also, I've tried this a few times before, but I don't think I have ever been so determined, or motivated either.

I have in mind, a very simple plan. Exercise combined with a proper diet.

No pills. No supplements. No protein shakes. Just raw exercise, with a completely natural diet.

In terms of exercise, I will be using the equipment I have available at home; aka - the treadmill, the stationary bike & the elliptical.

In terms of the diet, I did a lot of research over the internet & found myself The GM Diet. It was an extremely easy-to-follow, simple-to-prepare-for, and a very inexpensive plan. It is a simple 7 day diet program, mainly designed to cleanse and detoxify your system from all the waste that it stores. It is designed for an approximate 10-17 lbs loss per week.

Along with the food requirements, the diet also urges you to drink about 8-10 glasses of water every day. A few other drinks such as herb/leaf tea, club soda, black coffee, etc. are allowed. However, alcohol must be strictly abstained from.

There is another drink called the "G.M.'S Wonder Soup" which is a simple vegetable soup and according to the diet, it can be consumed "any time of the day in virtually unlimited quantities." I will be posting the recipe later during the week when I actually make it.

I figured I should start writing on the first day that I started the diet, so I could share my thoughts and feelings exactly about how & what I'm going through.

Day 1 of the diet calls for:
"All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on the first day are very good."

What I ate:
Food intake: Half a watermelon, 1 Chinese guava, a few red grapes
Water intake: 7 large glasses
Other beverages: 3 cups of Lipton Green Tea (2 with 4 drops of lemon juice each)

Food for the day, except mine was a little less prettier.. =/

The Workout:

  • 30 minutes (approximately 1.75 kms) on the treadmill
  • 30 jumping jacks
  • 60 minutes of leaf-raking 
I understand that this is just the beginning, and my research states that feeling drained after only a bit of exercise is very normal for the first few days of the diet.

How I felt:
The morning started off great because I was so excited to start the new diet, and all through the afternoon it was fairly easy to follow as well. However, when the time came to go out and rake the leaves in the cold, I started wishing I had something more solid to eat. I had only had watermelon and green tea so far (and keep in mind, I am not a tea person), so all the food intake was pretty much only water based. But I pushed myself on, worked outside for about an hour, came back and rewarded myself with some more melon! 

Working out on the treadmill was definitely tiring because I didn't feel like I had enough energy to do the half hour I had planned. But I distracted myself with different things and before I knew it, my 30 minutes were done! I was very happy with myself. After I finished working out was the hardest part in terms of the diet. I was extremely hungry and really craving solid food. Personally, I do not have a sweet tooth, so I was tired of the sweet taste fruits had been providing me so far. Hence, I ate a guava which at least felt more solid than the watermelon. There are still a few more hours of the evening to go, and I plan to have one more cup of green tea (I've had 2 so far), a few grapes as a night snack, and hopefully 2-3 more glasses of water.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about this because I'm already seeing some movement on the scale! However, I don't want to get caught up in premature celebration. I understand that I must keep at it; I want to get through the whole week, keep exercising every day, and hopefully only then will it have made a real difference. The GM Diet actually doesn't call for any exercise to be coupled with the food, but I believe it is an added bonus for yourself, and it keeps you active.

That is all for my extra lengthy post tonight!

I will be back tomorrow evening to fill y'all in about Day 2. If there's absolutely ANYONE out there who happens to be starting the GM Diet today, please comment below and let me know. Let's do this together!

As cheesy as this sounds, if anyone happens to stumble across this blog within the next few days, any words of motivation, inspiration or advice will be greatly appreciated =) (I'd hope for them to be positive, o'course!)

Until tomorrow, oh dear strangers!

Hasta la-buh bye!

PS - I'll try to post pictures of my actual food tomorrow ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment