Sunday, November 11, 2012

Challenges & Rainy Days

You know, I always say that I'm a winter baby, that I love winter...

But there is definitely a downside.

The day is too short, darkness comes too soon...

Anywho!

I can't believe its already Day 5 of my diet! I'm not saying it in a bad way, I'm surprised at how fast the days went by altogether actually! And guess what? I can proudly say, that today, I had no out-of-place hunger pangs at all! None in the whole day! And let me tell ya, just like yesterday, today's dietary requirements were going to be challenging for me! Let me explain in the usual way...

Day 5 of the diet calls for:
"Today is feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger is OK. Combine this with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing."

*Note: Now, before I tell you guys what I ate, I have to make a few things known. Being of the religion I am, I do not eat beef. However, the GM diet is flexible in that sense; chicken can be used as a substitute. There are also completely vegetarian options available. Beef has to be eaten as a source of protein, therefore for a vegetarian option, sprouts can be used.

Secondly, I really, really, really dislike tomatoes. But, I still sucked it up, and ate them by turning them into a soup. Let it be known that the tomatoes do not have to be consumed raw and/or uncooked. As long as you do not add lots of extra, unhealthy ingredients, you should be OK.

What I ate:
Food intake: Steamed sprouts with tomatoes, lemon & some garlic, tomato soup & chicken, pepper & onion skewers/kebabs.
Water intake: I'm at about 3.5 litres just now, I plan on consuming about 1-1.5 litres more.
I had no other beverages today.

*Shameful note: So remember how I said I really didn't like tomatoes? Well, the soup my mom made was absolutely delicious, but a bag of garlic & butter croutons caught my attention and I ended up adding a few of those to my soup. I will add an extra 15 minutes to the treadmill tomorrow morning for that, promise!

The Workout:
*Another *hangs head* kind of note: Today ended up being my second day off from the week where I didn't get a chance to hop on the treadmill. I ended up doing some work around the house and had to get done some studying. However, I will make up for it with an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill tomorrow.

Weight Change from Day 4: no change
Weight Change from Day 1: -6.5 pounds

How I felt:
Because I spent most of the day sitting and relaxing, today was OK. I wasn't tired or anything; maybe it was the extra work I did outside yesterday and the weather today that had me feeling sleepy. Also, there were no cravings for any other food outside the diet. I'm surprised that I am already 5 days into the diet, and that there are only 2 more days left!

Apart from that, my body actually feels a bit lighter today, to be honest. Getting on the scale, I saw that I was a few grams less than yesterday, but it wasn't a huge difference. Now, the diet says, there should be a noticeable difference in the way you look by Day 6, which is tomorrow, so let's see if that really is the case. I wish I'd measured my waist or my thighs to be able to compare, but I'll just try on an old pair of jeans that has been giving me a little trouble lately, they shall speak for me.

I'm almost a 100% sure that I will be doing this diet again, because I've seen it to be highly effective. It seems to work for me, and its not terribly difficult to adapt to. I just have to wait for a few religious days to pass in which we have been invited to people's houses for meals,and I'm not one to turn down that kinda food =P. Even through that though, I will be consistently exercising, and of course, eating in moderation. I do not wish to jump right back in to my old eating habits, otherwise all my efforts now will be wasted. Now, we did eat all new things today, so here are the recipes for y'all.

Recipes:

  • For the Tomato Soup: First we boiled 10 large tomatoes, 2 onions, 4 big garlic cloves, about an inch of ginger and 5-6 cloves. Then instead of mashing them, we turned them into a thick paste by putting it all in the blender. Then we drained it all in case of any excess peels & such were left in the thick gravy, added about half a litre of water and brought it to a boil. We were able to consume 4 big bowls between the two of us.
  • For the Sprouts: The beans I used were mung (green gram), moth beans and lentil beans. They were wrapped in a cloth over 2 nights so they could grow sprouts. First I steamed them, then added a mixture of green chillies & coriander along with a 2-3 cloves of garlic. A tomato was also diced and added to the salad. You may chop and add a small onion too.
  • For the Skewers: I used the same recipe as mentioned before. Only the timer was a few extra minutes so that the chicken would cook and become crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside. Keep in mind, the olive oil used for this "marination" should be used in moderation.
This was it for Day 5! I thought the food was actually slightly heavier than compared to other days, but like I mentioned before, I'll just exercise it off. Also, I know I needn't worry too much because it was all healthy.

I definitely recommend this diet to anyone who is looking to lose weight in a healthy, natural way.

As always, if y'all have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. feel free to leave me a message below, and share this blog with your friends to spread a little health! ;-)

I'll be back tomorrow with more updates.

Stay out of the rain y'all!

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment