Friday, November 9, 2012

Bananas & Bonkers

*giggles*

Tell me that title didn't make you laugh a little, heh...

Anywho! How's it going, y'all!?

I'm back with another entry for today :-)

My mom is taking me out this evening for some fun, so I'm going to try to make this entry a little short & to-the-point. Let's see how I manage that :-P

Now, today was Day 4 of the diet, and according to "them", today should have gone by easier than we would think. However, that wasn't exactly the case for me...

I shall explain, but let me follow the usual procedure.

Day 4 of the diet calls for:
"Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities."

What I ate:
Food intake: 3 bananas so far, and I plan to eat 1 or maybe 2 more, 2 bowls of the G.M.'S Wonder Soup, the recipe for which I've posted previously, and two glasses of milk with 1 tbsp of sugar in them.
Water intake: I'm at 3.5 litres so far, and hopefully I'll gulp down another litre.
I had no other beverages today.

Food for the day!

The Workout:
  • 15 minutes on the stationary bike
  • 2 hours of outdoor activity (leaf-raking, walking around, etc.)
Weight Change from Day 3: -3.1 pounds
Weight Change from Day 1: -6.5 pounds

*I was so incredibly happy when I got on the scale this morning. Let it be known that I am not inflating any of these values; I get on the scale every morning, so all the measurements have been done at the same time.

How I felt:
Now, like I mentioned before, although the diet claimed that you will be surprised how easy this day goes, it wasn't exactly easy for me. However, I do not think at all that it was because of the diet. If you all remember, I mentioned on the first day that I do not have a sweet tooth, and the dietary requirements for today were all sweet! That is why today was hard. I wasn't craving junk food, I was only craving something spicy; I was actually craving the skewers we made last night, in the spirit of honesty! However, due to the fact that we were allowed a bit of the Wonder Soup, I survived the day.

But the food apart, body-wise I am as energetic as ever. I don't feel tired, nor have I had any headaches or muscle pains (which are some of the predicted side effects of the diet). I was able to do a lot of yard work today, and only stopped when I ran out of energy. But I still managed to get 2 whole hours in, which would not have been possible a couple of weeks ago, I guarantee you that.

What I realize this diet is doing is definitely increasing my awareness about healthy food. I'm not looking forward to this diet ending, because I'm actually enjoying the menu, the eating styles and habits. Believe me, getting out of a healthy lifestyle is very simple, its the consistency that is hard to maintain for the first few days. I feel like if I do 2 or 3 more repetitions of this diet, I will automatically start eating healthier in my every day life. Just today I had a thought - after this diet ends, I should have a "fruit day" or a "only veggies day" in my week every once in a while. I'm impressed with this diet only because its making me lose weight in a totally natural way.

For today, there aren't any new recipes to post, just the soup we had in the afternoon, but the recipe for that has been posted under the post called "Testing my consistency...".

Anyway! 

This is it for today's entry. I know its a little shorter than the last few entries, but along with being excited to go out, I'm in a bit of a rush. Tomorrow is a different day in the diet, and I will let you guys know why then as well!

If you guys have any questions, comments, experiences to share, please comment below and/or share this post with your friends! I will appreciate any motivation, inspiration & positive thoughts :-)

Until tomorrow, oh Friday-night-lovers...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment