Monday, October 4, 2010

Heartaches & Poetry

Haha, so who notices a theme with my titles? I actually wanted them all to be opposites or irrelevant, but I realize that these words are all interconnected, no matter how hard I try for them not to be.

So I've been thinking..

What inspires poetry? Heartbreaks? Contemplation? Or just the hidden artist inside you looking for a way to be heard?

In any case! Here's my next piece of work. I call it..

"Moving On"

There was a hole in my heart..
Which I thought would never heal,
It ripped me apart inside..
No one understood the big deal.

The sky was always dull,
The world was always gray,
Walking out on me was easy,
Just leaving me there to pray.

Soon the tears were thicker, the hole was bigger..
And happiness just seemed too far,
Somehow I knew that would always be true..
As long as we stayed apart.

Years of sorrow and nights of pain,
Did no good to you or me,
The words unspoken and memories never made..
How I wished you would see.

Then one day I saw that beautiful smile..
The one for which I fell,
But it killed me to see, it wasn't for me,
Even from far, I could tell.

It hit me just then, hard as a rock,
The hole no longer seemed to be there,
The smile.. just as beautiful as before..
Seemed to have vanished into thin air.

Time had changed and so had you,
You were no longer the one I loved,
Nothing at all seemed right between us..
I heard a voice say from above.

I sensed as I went farther and farther..
The pain was less and the tears were few,
The hurt was leaving, as I was beginning,
To see that I was stronger than I knew.

Now the sun shines bright and clouds are thin,
I see that my past has been long gone..
A new day creeps with happiness near,
As I start to feel, the joy of moving on.


An old past, an old story..
The old hurt, just pain & no glory
A new hope, a new day..
Look above, and fly away.




I pray that my poetic mood keeps coming back to me. Until it strikes again..


Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment