Thursday, December 24, 2015

'Tis The Season!

It's Christmas Eve!

And there's no snow on the ground. :-(

And it's not cold, nor does it feel like winter. :-(

But it's the season to be jolly!

Today was the first day I had off, in goodness knows HOW long. I slept in, I relaxed, I watched TV, I lounged around the house, I cleaned up my room, and did so many things that normal people do on a "day off". After what have seemingly been the 4 most hectic months of my life, I appreciated every single moment today had to offer me. Even doing chores around the house was enjoyable today. After many days, the most stressful thing on my list was whether my blanket linens matched my pillow covers, and not how I could complete impossible work-related tasks.

It felt good.

So as always, I haven't a clue what today's post is about. I'll just write.

We have guests staying over today. And my cousin. He's cool. The guests I'm not sure about. I like having people stay over, makes vacation more fun. We have tons of things planned for my cousin. This kid and I go way back. Since he was born, really. We used to hang out at my grandma's place together all the time, and we used to be up to no good. The shenanigans we got up to were quite epic.

But anyway, this post is another one of my rambles.

I am so excited to spend this "vacation" with my family. I am replaying the year that flew by in my head. I wouldn't change a single moment that I lived this year, there are some things I wish I'd done better or differently. The last 4 months have been insanity. And that's why the next month that I've managed to get off will be dedicated to my family, myself and all the things I didn't have time to do because I was so caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Eugh, I sound like I'm wearing real people pants =/...

Anyhow.

Here's my parting advice:

Enjoy this holiday season with your nears and dears. The time gone by won't come back again, so cherish every moment. Have an adventure every day. Do something that's out of your comfort zone. Make new friends. Call old friends. Hold your parents close. Give a lot of hugs. Smile sincerely. Try to be good. And above all, be kind to everyone... treat others the way you'd want to be treated.

Jeez, I feel like I should be a Hallmark card writer.


With that, I'm over and out. I wish everyone celebrating a very, very Happy, Merry and Jolly Christmas! I hope it is magical and brings you all closer to your loved ones.

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment