Thursday, June 4, 2015

An Ode To: The Dynamic Duo

*waves*

For quite a few Thursdays that have passed, I've had fairly crappy days. I'm starting to wonder when that will turn around and I will finally have a better blog day.

So today, (fair warning), has been a very unsettling day. I spent the entire day in an extremely uncomfortable situation while pretending to be okay with it. I have been on and off an emotional roller coaster all day, and I am holding on for dear life while the feeling passes.

However, I didn't want to let all of these emotions go to waste. So I decided to round up all the mushy squishy feelings I've got, and I'm going to write a very sappy, buzzfeed-like post tonight. There is a high possibility that I will sniffle and cry while writing this, but that's how you know it came from the heart.

Anyway, as y'all know, I've written posts about a few important people in my life. But tonight, I want to present an ode to the absolute most important in my life: the parentals aka the moms and the pops aka aai-baba aka The Dynamic Duo.


I honestly think that my mother and father are who I take for granted the most in my life. So much so, that I've never imagined a life without them. There are so many times when it hits me how truly lucky I am to have grown up in a home that is so full of love, guidance, compassion, inspiration and ambition.

Being an only child, I am automatically perceived as a spoiled brat, but I disagree with that wholeheartedly. My parents always showered me with a lot of love, but never did they grace me with things I did not deserve. No tantrums were ever entertained, and as I became older, I was taught the difference between luxuries and necessities.

I have many things to be thankful for when it comes to my parents. I am the person I am because of how they raised me, because of the role models they were for me while I was growing up, and because of the values they instilled in me from a very young age.


So today, if there were a few things I could say to them, they would be these:

5. I appreciate you

For accepting me the way I am and letting me be my own person. For letting me carve my own niche, blaze my own trail and follow my own path. For forgiving me whenever I made mistakes and showing me that mistakes are nothing but a learning opportunity. For guiding me when I got lost and pointing me in the right direction when I was not able to see a way out. And finally, for protecting me through every bad situation and never letting harm befall me.

4. You inspire me

To be a better person in the things I do ever day. To set my standards at the highest point for myself, and chase the goals and dreams that seem impossible. To achieve excellence and be the absolute best in everything I do. To stand out of the crowd and make you proud.

3. I need you

To pick me up when I fall, and tell me that it will eventually be okay. To comfort me when I'm upset and unsure of where to go and what to do. To tell me the difference between what is right and what is easy and to always select the path that leads to success. To guide me and help me make the decisions that will impact and shape the rest of my life.

2. You know better

Because you have faced many hardships and challenges in life. Because you have made so many sacrifices to make sure that I led the best possible life. Because you have fought and won many battles for yourselves and for me. Because you gave me the best of many worlds, and because you raised a gem! ;-) *ta-da*

5. I love you

Truly. Madly. Deeply. For everything you do. I wouldn't know where I'd be today if it wasn't for you two. You are my world, and I hope you know that I would do anything and everything for you. You are the reason for my being, and I love you to the moon and back.


Ah, so many waterworks while writing this post. I hope those of us who are fortunate enough to still be in touch with our parents take the time to say these things to them every once in a while. I think any parent would be delighted to hear it, and it would make their job as a mummy or a daddy completely worthwhile.

So shout-out to my own mummy and daddy tonight. Y'all rock. ♥

That brings this lovely little post to a happy ending. Good night, world. Until next time...

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment