Thursday, May 28, 2015

An Unforeseen Obligation

Hello world.

Once again, RL is kicking my butt hard by not giving me enough time to work on a post for this week. I have so much to talk about, vent about, gush about and wonder about. However, tonight, the call of duty beckons me to help out a friend in need, and that is what this gal shall do.

Ergo, for now, you all must be appeased with an extremely sappy (almost depressing) poem from my past. Back in those days, the poet in me was fairly high-shooting, going impromptu and exposé. I also had the feels for someone, and was irrationally fascinated by them. So, please don't judge...

I called this poem, "Surge - A Sea of Words".

I thought you were a breeze..
Gently blowing away my sorrow,
But you turned out to be a hurricane..
That left me with an ominous tomorrow.

I thought you were the sun..
Who'd shine my world again,
You were naught but a big dark shadow..
That doomed my life in pain.

I thought you were an angel..
Sent by the Almighty to watch over me,
But alas, you were were a demon..
Who seemed to just walk over me.

I thought you were my best friend..
One of the few who loved me and who cared..
But over the years you made me realise..
Thinking that was the biggest mistake I made.


Fairly short, fairly bitter, but I think at the time, made me really happy to write something so bold.

I know that I have a LOT of making up to do in writing. But hopefully the dust will settle around my super hectic, crazy, non-stop schedule and give me some time to put something beautiful together for whoever is out there reading this stuff.

Until next time, I must say a hurried goodbye.

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment