Thursday, March 19, 2015

Consistent Inconsistencies

Hello world!

Today's post will not be very long - real life has been hitting me hard with everything its got lately. While I greatly appreciate having a job, (I hate to admit this) I can see it taking a toll on me if I was to do it forever. However, this has been my first week on the job and my enthusiasm is still bouncing off the walls. Here's hoping I can keep it so for the next while.

So! What's today's topic?

An oxymoron.

LOL.
Sigh, I have such a strong love-hate relationship with this figure of speech. I perceive an oxymoron very skeptically. However, the magnitude of the message these phrases can convey usually stuns me.

Consistent Inconsistencies.

What do they mean? This particular phrase I think relates to so many different situations. I've touched on topics such as ethics, morals, principles and attitudes before. I always say, "The one thing I try not to be, is a hypocrite. I treat others the way I want to be treated."

Ergo, when people claim to "be a certain" way, or have certain established morals, I automatically assume that they apply it to every aspect of their lives without being selective.

However, I've recently come to learn that people bend and break their own rules all the time! *gasp*

It almost made me lose my trust in the idea of principles, ethics and morals to see that the people who claimed to be extremely fair, practical and unbiased were the ones who had on so many masks that it was almost impossible to tell what their real personality looked like.

I've come to learn that not only does that make me wary of the person, but it also prevents me from being able to ever trust what they say. I find it hard to rely on their word,

My two cents on the matter are this: If you are not able to maintain consistency within your ideals, don't have any! At least that way, you won't be dishonest with yourself and appear unfair and unreliable to those around you. When it comes to sensitive things such as the morals you claim to have, I think consistency portrays credibility.

I think we should also take a moment to assess who's lives we many be influencing by our actions, and what kind of an impact it would have on them if they perceived these fluctuations in your principles to be acceptable. I see all of this leading to only one logical outcome: anarchy.

Especially with a ruler like this.

Thoughts?

While I wasn't really going anywhere with this, it was mostly a rant I needed to get out of my system. I think I should have a few other cool posts coming up in the next few weeks to come.

Until then, though.

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment