Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Weekly Process

Hi all,

So today, I think I would like to share some funny behind the scenes information with you guys.

Update @ 3:14 pm (the next day)

I feel like I cheated with last night's post because I literally just put a little something out there, and it counted as not missing a day. I need to start getting better with being on time to write out these posts. Also, considering how ridiculously busy I've been these last few months, I have to give myself mad props for being able to keep up with my writing each week.

Anywho!

A few months ago, I wrote a post called The Struggle is Real!.. or something..

I ran into a friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to in ages a few days ago; turns out, she reads my blog every week! Not only does she read it, but she looks forward to my posts each week! While we were chatting, she asked me a very interesting question. She said, "How do you come up with a topic to write about every week?"

I actually stumbled over my words, because I realized I didn't quite have an answer for her. It's usually a very comical process I go through each week, trying to come up with something to write about. In the back of my mind, I'm always counting down days to Thursday, rather than Friday because my most important task of the week remains to be done on Thursdays.

The closer it gets to Thursday, the more my brain panics and runs in circles. I become over observant, over annoying and over passionate about things hoping to come across an inspiring topic to write about. I ask my friends about strange experiences they might have had. I try to read up on articles, oddities and anything that could be remotely unique, interesting and fun to read at the same time.

Many a times, I just end up sharing my personal thoughts and stories through this blog. However, I must admit: whenever I look at the "audience" this blog reaches every week, my heart fills with joy. There are people out there who are actually reading the madness I write! Provided they are not bots, it absolutely delights me thinking that someone out there might look forward to Thursday as much as I do, in hopes that I can write about something entertaining that would make them laugh.

But in the spirit of honestly, I shouldn't sell myself too short. Truth be told, there is a bit of a process associated with writing a post every week. I am all over the place trying to look for ideas, but my favourite part when I do find one, is to cater my post to tons of audiences. As a writer, I try to view my posts through a few different pairs of eyes in hopes that it will appeal a large audience.

Amongst a million things that this blog has taught me this year, I think this is one of the biggest lessons I've learned. One can always find inspiration, provided they're actually looking for it. I realized that my perspective needs to be broadened and my horizons need to be widened if I am to truly find and appreciate the wonders of the world around me.

Just to describe the accuracy of my week though, check it out...


That's my little spiel for this post. Maybe I'll come back and write some more later.

Until next week, hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Hasta la-buh bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment